Twenty five quotes from Winston Churchill for traders and financial analysts:
1. I love this war. I know it’s smashing and shattering the lives of thousands every moment — and yet — I can’t help it — I enjoy every second of it. (A letter to a friend, 1916)
2. I pass with relief from the tossing sea of Cause and Theory to the firm ground of Result and Fact. (The Story of the Malakand Field Force, 1898)
3. True genius resides in the capacity for evaluation of uncertain, hazardous, and conflicting information.
4. The truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is. (Speech in the House of Commons, May 17, 1916)
5. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (The Prodigal Project : Book I)
6. It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link in the chain of destiny can be handled at a time. (Speech in the House of Commons, February 27, 1945) (more…)