- What activities energize you and what drains your energy?
- How do you sequence your activities?
- Do you try to do everything yourself, or do you focus on your strengths and delegate the rest?
- How do you deal with stress?
- How do you motivate yourself?
- Who do you surround yourself with?
- How do you manage your energy?
- How do you deal with the bad news or naysayers?
- How do you deal with emails, phone calls, IMs and other things that can distract you?
- Are you being productive or running out of time each day?
If you try to be everything to everyone, you get burned out.
You might have heard of the 80/20 rule – 20% of our efforts get 80% of our results. You can focus your energy on the efforts that get you the results, or let yourself get distracted. When you get distracted, you are very busy, however you do not produce the result that you want in the time frame that you want. The choice is yours.