Modest gains for the major indices
The European stock markets are closed with major indices are closing higher. Spain’s Ibex rose 0.9%. UK FTSE was flat.
The provisional closes are showing:
- German DAX, +0.2%
- France’s CAC, +0.3%
- UK’s FTSE, flat
- Spains Ibex, +0.9%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, +0.67%
In the European debt market, yields for the benchmark 10 year sector are closing lower.
In other markets:
- spot gold is up $9.28 or 0.60% at $1510.50
- WTI crude oil futures are down $0.95 or -1.65% at $58.37. Crude oil inventories rose 1058K which was higher than the -2250K estimate.
IN the US stock market, major indices are lower:
- S&P index -9.37 points or -0.31% at 2996.40
- NASDAQ index -29.86 points or -0.36% at 2156.29
- Dow industrial average -84.58 points or -0.31% at 27026.68
In the US debt market yields are also lower and trading near the lows for the day.
Yes ,List from our Library
Note that the literature listed below can easily be found in book stores or via the internet.
The following books and articles target some of the core psychological obstacles that traders face every day and techniques to maximize their trading performance. This is an extremely important part of the reading list, in my opinion.
- “The Mental Edge: Maximize Your Sports Potential with the Mind-Body Connection” – Kenneth Baum“How Successful People Practice” – James Clear (www.jamesclear.com)
- I’m a big believer in visualization techniques and the contribution it can make to trading success. I first used visualization during my years playing hockey.
- “Zen and the Art of Management” – Financial Times, September 16, 2013
- “Good To Great” – Jim Collins
- The book is centered on how companies can go from a position of mediocre to greatness. Many of the concepts are readily applicable to the trading business and to building yourself into an elite trader.
All the books of Dr. Ari Kiev.:
- “Trading to Win: The Psychology of Mastering the Markets”
- “Trading in the Zone: Maximizing Performance with Focus and Discipline”
- “The Psychology of Risk: Mastering Market Uncertainty”
- “The Mental Strategies of Top Traders: the Psychological Determinants of Trading Success”
- “Hedge Fund Masters: How top Hedge Funds Set Goals, Overcome Barriers and Achieve Peak Performance”
- “Mastering Trading Stress: Strategies for Maximizing Performance”
- Prior to his passing, I had been organizing a conference with Dr. Kiev. He revolutionized the hedge fund industry in terms of trader performance
What Is A Trader?
I ask the man.
He looks at me.
A trader is not a bystander, nor a mindless member.
Neither is he a selfless servant. No,
A trader is an ecosystem,
Refusing to be categorized or labeled,
Branded or defined.
Not one role,
Not one task,
Not a tool or production line,
Not one idea or small man. No,
A trader is an ecosystem,
Challenging all else
To survive and thrive, evolve and change, or
Sink and die. Extinct.
A trader knows existing today is not tomorrow.
Buttons pushed, research tested, markets predicted.
A trader lives for certainty in self and tomorrow’s unknown.
Adapting to survive, evolving to advance, competing to learn.
A trader creates a pulse that connects and propels
An ecosystem he designed to challenge our own.
So the trader returns back to the question,
What am I and who are we?
Consistent, curious, and connected,
Accurate, authentic, and adaptable,
I strive to be.
I am an ecosystem within this unknown we.
He says to me.