These Beliefs are the Seven Principles of Consistency from Mark Douglas’s “Trading in the Zone” I highly recommend picking this book up to add to your collection, because it has benefited me tremendously in understand how beliefs and values play a vital role in one’s trading and ultimate success.
I remember the first time I picked this book up I didn’t “get” it and put it away. About a year later I read it again and it just clicked. I now reference it on a weekly schedule just so the principles in the book stay fresh in my mind and to reinforce what I had learned.
I am a Consistent Winner Because:
1. I objectively identify my edges.
2. I predefine the risk in every trade.
3. I completely accept the risk or I am willing to let go of the trade.
4. I act on my edges without reservation or hesitation.
5. I pay myself as the market makes money available to me.
6. I continually monitor my susceptibility for making errors.
7. I understand the absolute necessity of these principles of consistent success and , therefore, I never violate them.
Five Fundamental Truths:
1. Anything can happen.
2. You don’t need to know what is going to happen next.
3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that define an edge.
4. An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening over another.
5. Every moment in the market is unique.
Addional Mark Douglas Material in PDF form. (more…)