Archives of “Encodings” tagrss
A weekend report in the outspoken Global Times – never shy about saying what they think.
This was in a report on Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard’s official visit to China, which continues this week.
- Although Trump said on Saturday that US companies could sell equipment to Huawei, security concerns raised by the US have not been completely settled
- It will be a fierce game whose results will decide whether Huawei can develop 5G networks in Latin America.
- Mexico is the target of pressure from the US, and that pressure is likely to continue.
- The US has too much influence over Mexico
- China and Mexico can see each other as partners in development and in resisting US pressure and unilateralism
While the ‘truce ‘ is a positive the underlying issues remain unresolved, and given the two country’s divergent goals, unresolvable.