Stocks close near session highs
- Week ends with 2 strong days higher after three down days to start the week
- S&P has best day since late March 26th
- All 11 sectors of the S&P close higher
- Dow S&P NASDAQ had the worst week since February
- NASDAQ closed lower for the fourth consecutive week
- S&P lower for the first week in three weeks
- NASDAQ has the best day since March 11
- S&P index up 61.29 points or 1.49% at 4173.85
- NASDAQ index up 304.99 points or 2.32% at 13429.98
- Dow industrial average of 360.62 points or 1.06% at 34382.13
- The NASDAQ index moved above intraday but is closing below its 100 day moving average of 13438.56.
- The S&P index closed just above its 100 hour moving average at 4173.67. The closing level for the S&P was at 4173.85
- The Dow moved back above its highest hourly moving average (the 50 hour MA) at 34358.48. The index is closing at 34382.13.
- S&P index fell -1.39%
- Dow fell -1.14%
- Nasdaq fell -2.34%
- Doordash, +22.16%
- Snowflake, +11.47%
- Goodrx, +9.59%
- Palantir, +9.31%
- Novavax, +8.83%
- Western Digital, +8.29%
- Bed, Bath and beyond, +7.68%
- Nio, +7.11%
- Uber +6.59%
- Zoom, +6.12%
- Doordash, +12.96%
- Box, +10.16%
- Koss, +8.89%
- FireEye +6.42%
- Roblox, +4.42%
- Zoom +4.29%
- Intuit, +4.05%
- Gilead, +3.01%
- Schlumberger +2.88%
- Charles Schwab, +2.06%
- Procter & Gamble, +2.11%
- JPMorgan +1.71%
- J&J, +1.0%
- 3M, +0.63%
- DuPont, +0.58%
- Caterpillar, +0.56%
- Salesforce, +0.54%
- Bank of America, +0.4%
- Coca-Cola, +0.37%
- Walgreens, +0.35%
- Walt Disney, -6.02%
- Home Depot, -4.54%
- Intel, -4.06%
- Boeing, -2.99%
- Visa, -2.21%
- Apple, -2.17%
- UnitedHealth, -1.93%
- Microsoft, -1.72%
- Nike, -1.36%
- McDonalds, -1.32%
- Amgen, -1.11%
NASDAQ still 7% below the all-time high
The major indices snapped there three days losing streak. However,
- The Dow, S&P are on track for the worst week since late January.
- The NASDAQ is on track for its worst week since February 26
- The NASDAQ is still 7% below its all-time high
On a positive note Dow has the best day since March 26
- S&P index rose 49.45 points or 1.22% at 4112.49. The high reached 4132. The low price extended 24079.80. At the high the index was up 1.7%
- NASDAQ index rose 93.31 points or 0.72% at 13124.99. The high reached 13247.87. The low extended to 13007.24. At the high the index was up 1.66%. The index did turn negative and traded down -0.19% at it’s lows
- Dow industrial average closed up 433.79 points or 1.29% at 34021.45. It’s high reached 34181.77. The low reached 33623.49. At the low, the Dow industrial average was up 0.11%. At the high the index reached 1.77%.
Dow leads the move down today.
- S&P index -36.32 points or -0.87% at 4152.09. At the low the index was down -1.84%.
- NASDAQ index fell -12.43 points or -0.09% at 13389.43. At the low the index was down -2.2%
- Dow fell -472.47 points or -1.36% at 34270.35. At the low the index was down -1.92%
- Russell 2000 index fell Monday 5.7 points or -0.26% at 2207.00.
Looking at the Dow 30, Home Depot was the biggest loser falling -3.10% followed by Travelers at -3.05%.
A look at some of the winners today, is like the who’s who of the Wall Street Bet’s message boards. Roblox was big winner at +13.76%. The list also includes Palantir, Chewy, Koss, Zoom, Crowdstrike, Snowflake, Doordash, AMC and of course Gamestop.
Nasdaq tumbled to the downside. Closes below 100 day MA
The major stock indices all closed lower and at session lows. Even the Dow which was up for most of the day, is ending in the red. The Nasdaq tumbled to the downside with a over 2.5% decline. The S&P fell over 1% on the day after closing at a record on Friday. The Dow also closed at a record level and Friday.
- S&P index -44.17 points or -1.04% at 4188.43. The low for the day reached 4188.13
- Nasdaq -350.38 points or -2.55% at 13401.86. The low for the day came in at 13401.75
- Dow -34.94 points or -0.10% at 34742.82. The low for the day reached 34741.57
- Russell 2000 index -15.93 points or -2.59% at 2212.70
- S&P was up as much as 3.49 points or +0.08%.
- NASDAQ’s high was -64.31 points or -0.47%
- Dow’s high was up as much as 313.80 points or +0.90%
Major indices all close higher
The major US indices are closed higher. The gains were led by the NASDAQ index. The S&P and Dow industrial average both closed at record levels.
- S&P index up 30.81 points or +0.73% at 4232.42 . The high for the day reached 4238.04. The low was that 4201. 64
- NASDAQ index closed up 119.4 points or 0.88% at 13752.24. The high for the day reached 13828.62. The low reached 13690.75
- Dow Rose 228.9 points or 0.66% at 34777.43. It’s high reached 34811.39. The low reached 34464.31.
- The Russell 2000 index rose by 30.21 points or 1.35% at 2271.
- S&P index rose 1.23%
- NASDAQ index fell -1.51%
- Dow industrial average rose 2.67%
- Chevron, +6.74%
- Goldman Sachs, +6.41%
- Amgen +6.03%
- Caterpillar, +5.65%
- Merck, +5.25%
- Cisco, +4.91%
- JPMorgan, +4.83%
- Salesforce, -6.0%
- Apple, -0.96%
- Visa, -0.6%
- Disney, -0.59%
- McDonalds, -0.51%