Seeing this item doing the rounds. Hopefully not imminent but something to be aware of!
- The US state department has shared research with partners and allies that estimates that a Chinese blockade of Taiwan would spark $2.5tn in economic losses, according to six people familiar with the material, which was commissioned from the research firm Rhodium Group.
- The stark warning has been shared with European Commission and European government officials
The link is here to the piece, and I’ve seen something similar in the Financial Times (gated).
- Dow industrial average rose 1201.43 points or 3.7% had 33715.36
- S&P index rose 207 22 points or 5.54% at 3956.38. The index closed above its 100 day moving average at 3901.
- NASDAQ index was the biggest gainer with a 760.98 point rise or 7.35% at 11114.16
- Russell 2000 rose 107.52 points or 6.11% at 1867.92.
It is a great move. It is the largest move higher since the pandemic. There is room to roam, but understand that there may come a day where it realized that it still rose 0.4% for the month. That inflation is still well above the 2% target for both the headline and the core.
However, enjoy it while you can and look for higher levels to potentially sell (like the 200 day MA).