The major US stock indices are closing higher for the 3rd consecutive day. The gains are led by the Dow industrial average also the pattern for the 3rd consecutive day. The rise in stocks ignored the tumble in the crypto assets:
- Bitcoin is trading down -11.24%
- Ethereum is trading down -17.2%
- Doge is down -21.95%
- FTT is down -77.5%
Over the stock markets 3 day rally the:
- Dow has increased 3.68%.
- The S&P is up 2.91%.
- The NASDAQ index is up 2.64%.
Looking at today’s moves, the final numbers are showing:
- Dow industrial average up 333.83 points or 1.02% at 33160.82
- S&P index up 21.31 points or 0.56% at 3828.10
- NASDAQ index up 51.69 points or 0.49% at 10616.21
- Russell 2000 marginally lower today at -0.881 points or -0.05% at 1808.92
The big contributors to the Dow rise today came from:
- Amgen, +5.55%
- Boeing +3.01%
- American Express +2.18%
- Verizon +1.8%
- Salesforce +1.76%
The biggest losers in the Dow today were:
- Walgreens -0.78%
- Walt Disney -0.49%
- Chevron -0.13%