- 50 bps is reasonable, 75 bps is ok, I doubt 100 bps is called for
- Says he’s hopeful they can do 50 bps in Sept end then continue with 25 bps hikes until the beginning of Q2 2023
- There’s still a reasonable expectation that tightening into next year will lead to a restrictive setting but allow for reasonably strong labor market
- I see policy rate between 3.75-4.00% by the end of 2023
- It’s possible we get a soft landing but there are a lot of risks
Archives of “August 2, 2022” dayrss
So far we’ve had a statement and some fighter planes flying around. When does WW3 start?
The statement said the visit ‘severely impacts’ the China-US foundation and that it’s a ‘dangerous act of playing with fire’.
OPEC’s JTTC monitoring committee is meeting today and oftentimes it lays the groundwork for OPEC+ moves. By trimming the surplus, it offers some cover to add oil into the market.
China has 3 aircraft carriers in operation:
- the newest and most advanced is the Fujian
- the Liaoning
- & the Shandong
Reports are that the Liaoning aircraft carrier left Qingdao on July 31. The Shandong left Sanya on August 01.
A reporter for Fox business with the info:
- A source with knowledge of the meeting between President Biden & Saudi King tells me Saudis will push OPEC+ to increase oil production at their meeting on Wednesday
The OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meetings are on 3 August 2022.