Archives of “June 21, 2022” dayrss
- German DAX futures +0.6%
- UK FTSE futures +0.4%
- Spanish IBEX futures +0.4%
That carries over the positive tone from yesterday, though it hardly chips into the fall from last week. For now, equities are keeping the calm but I reckon we might get more volatility once Wall Street enters the fray later today.
Elsewhere, US futures are keeping more positive with S&P 500 futures up 1.5%*, Nasdaq futures up 1.5%*, and Dow futures up 1.3%*.
- China’s refining sector is set up mainly to serve its domestic market
- The government controls how much fuel can be sent abroad via a quota system
- It had 17.5 million barrels a day of capacity at the end of 2020, and will reach 20 million by 2025
- China’s big state-owned refiners, which make up around three-quarters of the industry, were running at around 71 per cent of capacity on June 10
Output in China has been subdued for many months.