Archives of “January 25, 2022” dayrss
In trading yesterday, the EURUSD fell to a lower trend line and found support buyers (see blue circle 3). The subsequent move to the upside, found sellers against/near the falling 100 hour MA. Traders leaned against the risk defining level (see falling blue line).
That hold against the moving average gave the sellers the go-ahead to push lower, and indeed they did in trading today. However they still needed to get below the lower trend line.
The price stepped lower and indeed, the pair fell below a lower trend line AND swing area near 1.1285 (see red and blue numbered circles).
That break now sets that area as topside resistance. Stay below 1.1285 is more bearish. Move back above, and there may be some covering/upside probing on the break disappointment.
On the downside, the pair is trading at the lowest level since December 23 and approaches the swing area between 1.1260 and 1.1263. A move below that level and it will open the door for traders to start to target the low swing area between 1.1226 and 1.1233. The low price from December 15 comes in at 1.12208.
Watching 1.1285 area for resistance. Sellers are more in control, but the technical break still needs to now keep a lid on intraday corrections. .
News comes via a statement out of the UK. Adds:
- leaders agreed that should there be further Russian incursion into Ukraine allies must enact swift responses including a package of sanctions
Simmering tensions are not diminishing yet. The longer the war of words goes on, the better, I guess.
The major indices were all down “by multiple touchdowns” (or the equivalent). At the lows,
- The Dow was down -1115.04 points or -3.25%
- The S&P was down -176.39 points or -4.01%
- The NASDAQ was down -674.2 points or -4.9%
Each of those major indices came roaring back and closed higher on the day.
- Dow industrial average rose 99.11 points or 0.29% at 34364.51
- S&P rose 12.19 points or 0.28% at 4410.14
- NASDAQ index rose 86.22 points or 0.63% at 13855.14
The Russell 2000 also rose. It increased 45.59 points or 2.29% at 2033.511. At the low, the Russell 2000 traded at 1931.43.