All 11 sectors of the S&P are lower.
The majors stock indices are all closing lower with the Dow industrial average the worst performer.
- The S&P and Dow have been down for five the last six trading days
- The NASDAQ index has fallen five straight days
- All 11 sectors of the S&P index are lower today
- US yields are sharply lower leading to the decline in the financials. The tenure yield is down -4.5 basis points. The 30 year yield is down -5.1 basis point.
- The Russell 2000 was the worst performer with a decline of over -1.4%
the final numbers are showing:
- Dow industrial average fell -291.07 points or -0.83% at 34578.56
- S&P index fell -25.5 points or -0.57% at 4443.23
- NASDAQ index fell -67.82 points or -0.45% at 15037.76
- Russell 2000 felt -30.83 points or -1.38% at 2209.95
Looking at the sectors of the S&P index (all declined), the worst performers included:
- Energy -1.54%
- Financials, -1.41%
- Industrials -1.23%
- Materials -1.16%
The best performers in a losing effort were:
- Healthcare -0.11%.
- Technology, -0.14%.
- Discretionary, -0.33%.
- Real estate, -0.34%.