Modest gains/changes for most of the major indices
The major European indices are closing moderately higher.
Provisional closes are showing:
- German DAX, +0.1%
- France’s CAC, +0.1%
- UK’s FTSE 100, +0.2%
- Spain’s Ibex, unchanged
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, +0.2%
In other markets as London/European traders look to exit:
- Spot gold is down $-2.40 or -0.13% at $1810.81.
- Spot silver is down $0.26 or -1.06% $23.85
- WTI crude oil futures are up $1.86 or 2.71% at $70.45
- The price of bitcoin has dipped back below the $50,000 level but is still up $844 on the day at $49,720 (the high price reached $50,190 today)
Looking at the US stock market, the major indices are higher. The S&P and NASDAQ are on pace for a record close:
- Dow industrial average up 150 points or 0.43% at 35463.60
- S&P is up 18.5 points or 0.41% at 4542.56
- NASDAQ is up 64 points or 0.42% at 15373.37
The US dollar moved lower in the North American morning session, but the CHF and JPY are even weaker (although only modestly).