… Tesla, Boeing, Starbucks, Ford, McDonald’s, PayPal, MasterCard, etc
Next week is a huge week for earnings and the major indices are near or making new highs into the week. Anyone and everyone (besides financials and Netflix) are on the schedule for release.
Tuesday and Wednesday will be the biggest days, but Amazon will be released on Thursday highlighting that day’s schedule.
Below are a sampling of some of the major earnings on the calendar
Monday, July 26:
Tuesday, July 27
- Raytheon technologies
Wednesday, July 28
- O’Reilly automotive
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Ford motor
- Lam research
- General Dynamics
- Hess corporation
- Shake shack
Thursday, July 29
- US Steel
- First Solar
- Gilead Sciences
- Martin Marietta
Friday, July 30
- Procter & Gamble
- Exxon Mobil
Net dollar value is long for the first time since the pandemic began
The chart isn’t yet updated but the net dollar value of USD longs is now +$399.69m. That’s the first net-long USD position on aggregate since the pandemic began.
Primarily USD/JPY longs with some AUD/USD longs account for the overall net positioning.
Big earnings week next week
The major indices are closing at record levels.
- Dow 238.34 points or 0.68% at 35,061.69. The previous record close was at 34987
- S&P rose 44.33 points or 1.02% at 4411.81. The previous record close was at 4384.64
- Nasdaq rose 152.39 points or 1.04% at 14,836.99. The previous record close was at 14733
- Russell index rose 10.17 points or 0.46% at 2209.65
Other highlights for today:
- The energy sector is the only sector lower today. Energy and utilities were lower this week
- Facebook closes above $1 trillion market capitalization for the first time ever
- Major indices rose for the fourth consecutive day
- Dow closes above 35,000 for the first time ever
Next week is a huge week for earnings.
Companies expecting to announce include:
For the week, month and year to date:
- Dow rose 1.09% for the week. For the month the Dow is up 2.54%. Year-to-date 14.57%
- NASDAQ rose 2.83% for the week. For the month the NASDAQ is up 3.24%. Year-to-date 15.11%
- S&P rose 1.96% for the week. For the month the S&P is up 3.41%. Year-to-date 17.47%