The stock has been halted and awaits being reopened
The FDA has approved Biogen’s Alzheimer drug Aducanumab using an accelerated approval pathway. The FDA does require Biogen to conduct a postapproval clinical trial and said that they can take away the approval upon unfavorable results.
The stock was halted for trading at $286.3050 and awaits reopening.
Latest data released by Sentix – 7 June 2021
That’s a decent beat and reaffirms more optimistic sentiment towards the euro area economy as of late, with vaccinations picking up and the virus situation getting better.
This isn’t going to move the needle in the euro for now but it does reflect better prospects going into the summer, though we’ll see what the ECB has to offer later this week.
Tepid and flattish tones in early trades
- German DAX futures -0.1%
- UK FTSE futures flat
- Spanish IBEX futures -0.1%
This mirrors the mood in US futures, which are seen down ~0.2% at the moment, following the gains posted on Friday after the more Goldilocks jobs report.
There isn’t much of a firm directional move to start the new week with FX also keeping rather muted besides some mild weakness in the pound. GBP/USD is down 30 pips to 1.4125 but it isn’t anything outside the range of the past three weeks.
- S&P Global Ratings upgraded its outlook on Australia’s “AAA” sovereign rating to ‘stable’ from ‘negative’
- says the economy has rebounded sharply to above pre-pandemic levels
- thanks to the country’s successful handling of the coronavirus pandemic, massive fiscal and monetary stimulus
- S&P more confident now that the government’s fiscal deficit will narrow toward 3% of gross domestic product during the next 2-3 years after reaching a 10% deficit in the year-ending June 2021
Rising commodity prices for Australia’s exports played a role also.
China trade balance for May:
Exports y/y: +18.1% y/y
Imports y/y: +39.5% y/y
more to come
And, in USD terms
China trade balance: $45.53bn
- expected $ 50.5bn, prior was $42.9bn
Exports: +27.9% y/y
- expected +32.1%, prior +32.3%
Imports: +51.1% y/y
- expected +51.5%, prior was +43.1%
Dorsey is also Square’s chief executive officer, he spoke on Friday (hence the ICYMI):
- “We don’t want to compete with other hardware wallets out there”
- “We just want to take it to the next level and get to 100 more million people, which have non-custodial solutions”
indicated it’d be open source:
- “If we do it, we would build it entirely in the open, from software to hardware design, and in collaboration with the community”
Bitcoin wallets can be stored offline or online at cryptocurrency exchanges,
- a non-custodial wallet, you have sole control of your private keys, which in turn control your cryptocurrency and prove the funds are yours
- With a custodial wallet, another party controls your private keys