Weekly forex futures positioning data for the CFTC for the week ending April 20, 2021
- EUR long 81K vs 67K long last week. Longs increased by at 14 K
- GBP long 25K vs 26K long last week. Longs decrease by 1K
- JPY short 60K vs 58K short last week. Shorts increased by 2K
- CHF short 2K vs 1K long last week. Shorts increased by 3K
- AUD short 2K vs 4K long last week. Shorts increased by 6K.
- NZD long 4K vs 3K long last week. Longs increased by 1K
- CAD long 13K vs 2K long last week. Longs increased by 11K
- Last weeks report
- Both the CHF and AUD switched from net long to net short (long USD). They joined the JPY as currencies that are short vs long dollar positions
- The EUR long had the largest increase with a gain of 14K
- CAD longs increased as well BEFORE the Bank of Canada more hawkish rate decision on Wednesday.