Weekly FX positioning data for the week ending December 1, 2020
- EUR long 140K vs 138K long last week. Longs increased by 2K
- GBP short 8K vs 17K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 9K
- JPY long 48K vs 40K long last week. Longs increased by 8K
- CHF long 15K vs 15K long last week. Unchanged
- AUD short 11K vs 5K short last week. Shorts increased by 6K
- NZD long 9K vs 8K long last week. Longs increased by 1K
- CAD short 21k vs 17K short last week. Shorts increased by 4K
- Prior report
- EUR longs remain as the largest speculative position (the EURUSD reached the highest level since April 2018 this week
- JPY longs are the next largest position at 48K.
- The largest short position in the CAD. Traders are on the wrong side of that trade with the loonie ticking below the October 2018 low at 1.27819 today after a stronger jobs report. The 5th straight week of crude oil price gains has also benefited the CAD
- Shorts in AUD, GBP are also the wrong direction as both traded to multi year highs this week.