Japan economic growth for the July, August, & September months quarter. Better than was expected.
- first expansion in 4 quarters
- fastest growth since 1980
- GDP sa 5.0% q/q vs. expected 4.4%, prior -7.9%
- GDP annualised sa 21.4% q/q vs. expected 18.9%, prior -28.1%
- GDP nominal 5.2% q/q vs. expected 4.6%, prior -7.6%
- GDP deflator (an inflation indication) 1.1% vs. expected 1.0%, prior 1.3%
- Private consumption 4.7% vs. expected 5.2% q/q, prior -7.9%
- Business spending -3.4% vs. expected -2.9%, prior -4.7%
A miss for consumption but nevertheless its best result in a year, rises for the first time in 4 quarters.
Yen not doing a real lot on the data. The USD has lost a few points against EUR, AUD and such as equity index futures have risen on Globex Sunday evening Chicago time.