As COVID-19 cases in the UK accelerate higher Prime Minister Johnson will soon announce another shutdown. The measures will take effect from Thursday after a vote in the Commons on Wednesday.
The main points, these via various UK media outlets with the info:
- pubs and restaurants to close – takeaway and delivery only
- non-essential retail to close
- manufacturing, construction permitted to continue
- outbound international travel banned, intra-UK travel restrictions (both except for work)
- schools, universities open
- outdoor exercise and recreation permitted