NASDAQ index has its best day since September 9
The major indices are all closing higher with the NASDAQ index leading the way.
- major indices rise for the 4th consecutive day
- NASDAQ index has its best day cents September 9
- S&P and NASDAQ close lesson 2% below its all-time high
- 10 of 11 sectors in the S&P rise materials move lower
- record close for the Dow transports
A final look at the closing numbers shows:
- The S&P index rose 56.99 points or 1.64% at 3534.12. The my price reached 3549.85. The low price extended to 3499.61
- The NASDAQ index close up 296.31 points or 2.56% at 11876.25. It’s high price reached 11965.53. The low extended to 11704.133
- The Dow industrial average rose 250.62 points or 0.88% at 28837.52 The high price reached 28957.90. The low price extended to 28659.67.
Apple shares outperformed with a 6.26% gain. The company will release their new iPhone on October 13. Amazon also outperformed with a 4.75% gain. The delayed Amazon prime day(s) will be on October 13 and October 14.
Other big gainers today included:
- Twitter, +5.1%
- Chewy, +4.63%
- Facebook, +4.26%
- Morgan Stanley, +3.91%
- Alphabet, +3.6%
- Nvidia, +3.37%
- Goldman Sachs, +3.18%