UK media (Sun) reporting Boris Johnson is pondering even tougher restrictions
- tougher lockdown restrictions for millions of people in the north of England
Due to the continued surge in COVID-19 cases.
More from the report:
- there is “simply no reasonable alternative” to restrictions
- Pubs and restaurants face closure in Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle
- Some shops could also be forced to shut
- workplaces and schools would remain open.
- A No 10 source said: “The numbers are going the wrong way, and there will come a point very soon where we simply have to do more.”