Later in the week, Wednesday and Friday, are the private survey PMIs, Caixin/Markit.
Markit give a brief preview:
- China’s PMIs will be especially closely watched given its earlier relaxation of virus-related restrictions.
- So far the data have shown encouraging strength, with business activity across manufacturing and services growing in May at the fastest rate since the start of 2011.
- The data for China may therefore help gauge the extent to which early rebounds in activity from lockdowns might fade.
I’ll have more on the Caixin/Markit PMIs on approach.
Official PMIs, manufacturing and non-manufacturing are due on Tuesday June 30 at 0100GMT
- expected 50.4, prior 50.6
- expected 53.5, prior 53.6
- prior 53.4