On Monday evening US time White House trade adviser Peter Navarro really stuck his foot in his mouth.
ICYMI, as it happened:
- Peter Navarro declares trade deal with China is over
- Risk trades getting smashed on the Navarro comments that trade deal with China
- More on White House trade adviser Navarro announcing the trade deal with China is over
- Trump economic adviser Kudlow confirms the trade deal with China is not over
- Epic Navarro stuff up –Donald weighs in to clear things up: “China Trade Deal is fully intact”
The GT is not letting him off the hook:
- Navarro’s irresponsible comments have already had an impact on financial markets and the deal itself.
- Navarro has actually cast suspicion on the trade deal with his reckless and contradictory attitude.
- the phase one trade deal is not the only issue in the US-China economic and trade relationship that requires efforts to eliminate doubts and concerns
- The US government needs to reflect on all the battlegrounds it has opened against China in recent months
‘Risk’ was quick to bounce back from Navarro’s blunder.