Skip to content
- High pressure and stress is a part of the trading environment. Stress reduction is not a viable strategy. The approach instead is to build a person’s resilience and ability to cope more effectively with the pressure and stress that they are encountering.
- This is done by a process of exposure to the stressful events, and then recovery. The recovery process will prepare you to engage again but with a higher stress threshold.
- Build your stress exposure over time by gradually building the demands on your trading — slowly increasing your position sizing, complexity of trades, diversification, etc.
- Use relaxation techniques to enter a restorative state where your mind and body can recover.
- Look after your nutrition, exercise, sleep, get balance in your life with friends, family, other hobbies.
- Consistent performance is achieved when you have a healthy oscillation between positive peak performance states, and periods of recovery.