The shortened Bank of Japan monetary policy meeting for April 2020 has concluded.
- Maintains policy rate at -0.1%
- maintains JGB yield target around 0%
- To increase corporate bond, commercial paper purchases
- expands loan programme to combat coronavirus
- pledges to buy unlimited amount of JGBs, removes pledge to buy JGBs so its holdings increase at annual pace of around 80 trln yen
- to buy up to 20 trln yen of corporate bonds
- to relax rules for its corporate bond, commercial paper purchases