Archives of “February 1, 2020” dayrss
Travel ban isn’t related to coronavirus
Weekly FX futures positioning data from the CFTC
- EUR short 59K vs 47K short last week. Shorts increased by 12K
- GBP long 18K vs 25K long last week. Longs decreased by 7K
- JPY short 36K vs 45K short last week. Shorts increased by 9k
- CHF loan 3.5K vs 1.5 long last week. Longs increased by 2K
- AUD short 27k vs 19K short last week. Shorts increased by 8K
- NZD long 2K vs 1.8K longlast week. Longs increased by 0.2K
- CAD long 35k vs 38K long last week. Longs decreased by 3K
- EUR shorts had the biggest change in week (increase of 12K to the short side).
- The EUR short 59K is the largest speculative position
- JPY shorts trimmed. I have to think that there might be more liquidation over the last few days on the back of the coronavirus.
China flight entries to be kept to 7 airports
Dow down -600 points/-2.09%
The US stocks end an ugly day near the lows for the day. The Dow industrial average fell by over 600 points/2%. It was the worst day since August 23. Moreover the Dow ended the month lower for the 1st time in 5 months. For the S&P it had their worst day since October 2 . The Dow ended the month lower for the 1st time in 5 months. The S&P and NASDAQ had their worst start to the year in 5 years. You get the picture.
- S&P fell -58.14 points or -1.77% to 3225.52
- Nasdaq fell -148 points or -1.59% to 9150.94
- Dow fell -603.41 points or -2.09% to 28256.03.
- S&P, -0.16%
- Nasdaq, +1.99%
- Dow, -0.99%