US auctions off $16 billion of 30 year bonds
- High yield 2.17% versus WI of 2.169%
- Bid to cover 2.25x vs six-month average of 2.23x
- Dealers took 22.94%. vs six-month average of 27.3%
- Directs 18.5% vs six-month average of 18.8%
- Indirects 58.5% vs six-month average of 67.2%
the US treasury completed its refunding by selling 16 billion of 30 year bonds at a high yield of 2.17%. That was slightly above the 2.169% level at the auction time. The bid to cover was near the six-month average. Dealers took a lower percentage than the average at 22.94% suggesting a distribution of the auction to nondealer participants.
Give the auction the C+ to B-