Pentagon on Iran
- Pentagon says none of the additional forces headed to Iraq or Syria, meant for defense purposes amid a Iran threat
- US military says believes Iran’s Revolutionary guards directly responsible for attacks on tankers off United Arab emirates
- Pentagon says of 1500 additional troops, only about 900 will be newly deploying, 600 already in region will be extended
- Pentagon says 1500 forces include Patriot missile battery personnel, manning for surveillance aircraft, and engineers
- US military says intelligence suggests a campaign of Iran that ties together threats across region
Iran tension remains a geopolitical risk.
- Russian lawmaker says Russia could raise questions of US troop deployment to Middle East and UN Security Council