1. Passion. You must be passionate about what you re doing and having fun. Passion first, then performance.
2. Confidence. Top performance comes from having a high degree of confidence. You must have the confidence that you can take control and face adversity. You must also be confident that you will have a favorable outcome over time.
3. Concentration. Peak performance comes from exceptional CONCENTRATION. You must concentrate on the process, though, not the outcome A sprinter who is in the lead is thinking about the wind on their face, how relaxed their arms are, feeling the perfect stride…they are totally in the moment. The person who does NOT have the edge is thinking, “Oh, that runner is pulling ahead of me…I don’t know if I have enough wind to catch the leader…” They are tense and tight because they are thinking about the outcome, not the
4. Resiliency. Great performances come from being able to rebound quickly and forget about mistakes.
5. Challenge. Great performance comes from pushing yourself and trying to overcome limitations. Staying in the safe zone becomes a monkey on your back. Challenge yourself to take that hard trade. Manage it. If it does not work out, so what…your risk was limited and you can pat yourself on the back for taking the hard trade in the first place.
6. See and DO … don’t think! Great performance comes from turning off the brain
and becoming automatic. This is being in the Zone …in the groove. You can’t overanalyze the markets during the trading day.
7. Relaxation. When you are relaxed, your reflexes and timing are superior because
you are loose.