I have been thinking about that a lot lately as it applies to finance.
I came up with a short list:
• Complexity, confusion, and complications — none o which are necessary
• Behavioral problems caused by human nature;
• Compressing costs — an industry problem, but clients love it;
• Reduced headcount as technology makes some labor superfluous;
• Gender diversity matters to some people but not all;
• Misaligned incentives?
• Excessive regulation
• Having to put the clients interest first (oh my)
What do you think are Finance’s most important unsolved problem?