Some typical symptoms of ego-tizing trading would be the following:
- Not putting in stops. The ego doesn’t want to be proven wrong.
- Hesitating before putting on a trade. The ego wants reassurance before it begins.
- Overtrading. The ego wants to prove itself big time.
- Getting stuck in a trade. The ego has intertwined itself with a trade and is holding on for dear life. It cannot cut out. The ego doesn’t want to be wrong.
- Adding to a losing trade. The ego digs its hole deeper in a massive effort to crawl out.
- Grabbing a profit too soon. The ego wants a pat on the back.