It isn’t much as the NHC just released some supplementary guidelines as noted below:
#China‘s NHC releases guidelines on COVID antigen tests, requiring medical institutions to replenish their test kit stocks to meet 15-20% of the total population in their communities.
— CN Wire (@Sino_Market) December 8, 2022
Just be wary though, that the Hong Kong and Macau governments are expected to introduce easing of Covid measures in the coming hour as well. It is expected that Hong Kong may end the outdoor mask rule and relax testing requirements. The Hang Seng is up over 3% on the day after yesterday’s late fall.
- 52 of 54 economists said BOE will raise bank rate by 50 bps next week
- Only 2 economists expect a 75 bps rate hike next week
- Median chance of 85% that UK economy headed towards a recession within a year
- Majority of respondents see the recession as one that would be long and shallow
- The median for the bank rate peak is seen at 4.25%, forecasts ranged between 3.50% and 4.75%
This will follow the 75 bps rate hike in November here. In commenting on the forecasts above, HSBC says that:
“We think it will be a 50 bps rise, taking the bank rate to 3.50%, with risks weighted towards a larger 75 bps move, rather than a smaller 25 bps one.”
Beijing no longer requires people entering supermarkets, commercial buildings to show negative PCR test results
- still requires negative test results to enter internet cafes, bars, ktv lounges, indoor gyms, elderly care institutions
The creep towards normality is slow, but it is happening.